You’re probably hearing a lot of talk about WIFI 6.
Why should you care? Here are six reasons why you need a WIFI 6 router!
- WIFI 6 is the latest generation of the WIFI standard. It is built around advanced technology that makes your Internet connection faster and more efficient. Who doesn’t want the latest and greatest tech?
- WIFI 6 is faster. WIFI 6 technology allows routers to communicate with multiple devices at the same time, rather than broadcasting to one device, and then the next, and the next, etc. A WIFI 6 router can communicate with up to eight devices simultaneously vs. four devices with older WIFI technology. So now everyone in your family (including your dog and cat, if they have devices) can enjoy an amazing WIFI experience, whether you’re doing a Zoom call, streaming the hottest show, taking an online cooking lesson, or crushing opponents in Fortnite.
- WIFI 6 is more secure. WIFI 6-certified routers are equipped with the WPA3 security protocol, which makes it harder for hackers to crack passwords by constantly guessing them, and it makes some data less useful even if hackers manage to obtain it. Just one more way we’re improving your online experience.
- WIFI 6 can support up to 9.8 Gbps. WIFI 6 isn’t about top speeds. Instead of boosting the speed for individual devices, WIFI 6 is all about improving the network when a bunch of devices are connected (see #2 above). But 9.8 Gbps is blazingly fast!
- WIFI 6 is perfect for HD streaming. In households with multiple users, streaming high-definition video puts an even greater load on the network. The combination of ultra-fast processors, increased memory, and the increased number of radio streams, means WIFI 6 routers are up to the task of streaming multiple high-definition video sessions without stuttering, buffering, or other annoying hiccups.
- Norvado’s Managed WIFI is a great value. The Norvado Apex Managed WIFI solution will ensure you’re always up-to-date with the latest technology and the fastest speeds, all for a low fee of $9.99/month.
How can you tell if you have WIFI 6? In addition to ensuring you have a WIFI 6 router, you’ll want to check your devices (cellphones, laptops, tablets, gaming consoles, etc.) to see if they are WIFI 6 capable. If your devices are older than two to three years old, you’ll likely need to upgrade them to take advantage of all that WIFI 6 can offer.
Get Apex Managed WIFI with WIFI 6 now: www.norvado.com/apex