1. Home
  2. Forms
  3. Construction Consent Form

Construction Consent Form

Protect yourself, protect your services, protect your pocketbook. Even if you are certain there is nothing buried in the area, call for a locate. It’s free, it’s easy, and it’s the law.

To request a locate, simply dial 8-1-1 or visit diggershotline.com. It is the policy of Norvado to locate its buried facilities within its exchange area without charge to anyone planning to do digging or excavating in the exchange area.

If you dig without a locate and facilities are damaged, you are responsible for the cost of repair, plus you could be putting your life and the lives of others in jeopardy. In accordance with Wisconsin State Law (Statute 182.0175), a request for location of buried facilities must be made by the individual(s) or firm doing the digging “not less than 3 days prior to the start of excavation or demolition.”

If work does not begin within 10 days of the legal start date and time, or if it is interrupted for 10 or more days, or the locate marks are missing or disturbed in such a way as to cause doubt, a relocate must be
requested. No mechanized equipment may be used within a buffer zone of 18 inches from the marked facilities.

All charges for relocating or rearranging buried facilities located on private rights-of-way will be borne by the individual, firm or company requiring the charge.

Any person who knowingly fails to comply with this section… shall forfeit $1,000 for each such failure, provided that if the failure to comply results in damage to any transmission facility, the forfeiture shall be
$2,000. Each day that failure to comply persists is a separate offense.

Submit a request for location online today or complete a copy of the Norvado Construction Consent Form and return it to our office.  For questions, call 800-250-8927 and speak with a Norvado Representative.

Updated on August 21, 2019

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Add A Comment