Tips and Tricks for the Best Internet Experience!
At Norvado, we are connecting rural communities to our fiber-based broadband network, but there are so many things that contribute to an amazing internet experience. Here are six things you need to do to ensure you have the absolute best connection:
- Make sure you have the latest router. Most routers are at their best for 2-3 years. At that point, their technology becomes dated, and they start to slow down. While you may be attached to your piece of retro technology, it is important to keep your router up to date for the fastest speeds and best experience. Check out the latest WIFI 6 routers for blazingly fast speeds.
- Use the latest devices. Still using that iPhone 6? The way devices process WIFI continues to evolve and improve. The age of your device will determine the speed of your WIFI experience, so take a look at your smartphones, tablets, and other devices to make sure they’re based on later generations of technology.
- Distance matters. Sounds obvious, but the further you are away from your router, the slower the connection speed. So, stay close, especially when using high-bandwidth applications like video.
- Environment plays a role. Do you have a stone fireplace or a log cabin? Remember that WIFI can’t move through dense materials and maintain its speed. You may lose signal, or your experience will slow down near solid structures. Try and maintain a clear line of sight to your router.
- Are you protected? Protecting your computer from a virus is key to making sure you are your devices are running efficiently. Some viruses, once on your devices, run in the background and can take away from the speed or bandwidth.
- What are you waiting for? The best solution to a great online experience is the combination of Norvado fiber and Apex Managed WIFI!
Get Norvado fiber now: www.norvado.com/internet-2
Get Apex Managed WIFI now: www.norvado.com/apex
Changes to Norvado Email Service
Effective March 1st, 2022, Norvado will no longer sell new email addresses to customers. However, we will continue to maintain and support existing email addresses. Going forward several changes will be made…
4 Things to Know When You’re Buying Internet
Buying Internet for your home can be difficult. There are a lot of factors, and let’s be honest, a lot of technical jargon. What exactly does megabits per second or download speed…
What are Capital Credits?
Capital credits represent each member’s ownership of the cooperative. They are the margins credited (or allocated) to the members of the cooperative based on their purchases from the cooperative during the previous…
Let the adventures begin.
Play where you live. Sounds like a plan to us. Put together the perfect package that works for you.