Who’s ready for Disney+
To get the full experience, it is important to be sure your internet connection is up to the new challenges Disney+ may provide.
While there are still some details we don’t know, industry experts say Disney+ will be streaming programs at higher resolutions than standard packages on Netflix and other services. That means the movies will be much bigger files and require faster internet connections in order to play smoothly without buffering.
Disney+ movies and shows available in 4K resolution typically need a connection of a minimum of 25 Mbps to play properly. Even if Netflix or other streaming services play on your connection, it’s possible you may experience more buffering on Disney+ unless you upgrade your connection.
At Norvado, we’ve been preparing for an increase in streaming activity on our network for the first few weeks after Disney+ launches. We’re ready, and we want to make sure you are, too.
If you want to be sure your connection is ready, please call 800-250-8927 and a Norvado customer service representative can make sure your connection can handle these new demands. If you experience buffering or other playback trouble while using Disney+, don’t hesitate to call.
Tips for streaming
Even with a fast connection, some other factors may still cause playback issues. Here are some tips to keep you from suffering from buffering.
- Make sure your smart TV or streaming device is in the same room or as near as possible to your Wi-Fi router. Wi-Fi signals weaken over distance or if obstructions block the signal.
- If your router is in a cabinet or closet, consider moving it out in order to prevent walls from weakening the signal.
- Consider whether game systems or other streaming devices are sharing your connection at the same time. Each of these devices uses bandwidth from your connection.
- Check to see if your streaming device has the latest updates installed. This is usually found in the settings menu of your device.
- Look and see if the device is downloading apps, updating software or running other programs while you are trying to stream. Those actions may be slowing down the device’s processors.
- If possible, consider running an Ethernet cable from your router to your streaming device to eliminate any connection weakness due to Wi-Fi.
How to Identify Fraudulent Emails
Fraudulent emails, also known as phishing emails, are a real and constant threat. While email hosting platforms are continually trying to prevent these fraudulent emails from making it to your inbox, there…
Fall 2022 Sun Outage Predictions
A sun outage is an interruption in satellite signals caused by interference of the sun moving through the satellite arc in use. Sun outages occur before the March equinox and after the September…
PBS Duluth Channel Outage
We apologize for the inconvenience, several Norvado TV channels are currently down and unavailable for viewing. Our teams are working along with the TV network to identify the problems and restore service….
Let the adventures begin.
Play where you live. Sounds like a plan to us. Put together the perfect package that works for you.