Fraudulent Email Alert
SCAM ALERT: We’ve received notice that several of our customers have received emails that appear to be from Norvado. These emails state that Norvado is updating to a new email software and ask you to click on a link to verify your email address. The emails appear to be legit with the only red flag being the lack of an email subject. These emails are not coming from Norvado and are believed to be a scam.
EXAMPLE OF SCAM EMAIL:
If You receive an email similar to this, delete it immediately. Please do NOT click on the link included in the email.
Tips for Identifying a Fraudulent Email
- Check the Email ID: When you receive an email from an unknown source, check the email domain. Be aware that phishing emails may appear to be coming from a company or person you trust.
- Check for Links: Spam emails often come with a link asking you to click it, usually to steal your data. Never click on a link within an email coming from an unknown source or within an email containing any red flags.
- Check Email Spelling and Grammar: One of the easiest ways to identify a phishing email is simply by the poor language used in the subject line or the body of the message. Read the email and check for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Check Email Subject: Spammers will often try to panic you by including an urgent subject line. A missing subject line is also red flag.
- Check Attachments: Fraudulent emails often contain an attachment. Never click on attachments from unknown sources unless you’re confident that it’s from some authentic person. Often attachments contain malicious files that could harm your computer.
For more information on how to recognize and avoid email phishing scams, please use the link below for tips from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
If you have any questions as the the validity of an email, please contact our customer service team at 800-250-8927 before taking any action.
Why Fiber is Best for Rural Wisconsin
At Norvado, we are proud to be connecting rural communities in Wisconsin with our fiber-based broadband network. But you might be wondering why we chose to use fiber instead of other technologies…
WIFI 6: The Ultimate In-Home WIFI Experience
You’re probably hearing a lot of talk about WIFI 6. Why should you care? Here are six reasons why you need a WIFI 6 router! WIFI 6 is the latest generation of…
NOTICE: Fiber Cut Affecting Customers in Price County
UPDATE: All services were restored at 11:43PM on 7/7/21. Norvado Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) customers in the Prentice area are experiencing outages as the result of a stake being driven into a fiber line…
Let the adventures begin.
Play where you live. Sounds like a plan to us. Put together the perfect package that works for you.