Affordable Connectivity Program
Norvado is working to help build awareness about the Affordable Connectivity Program, a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program. The new long-term benefit will help to lower the cost of broadband service for eligible households struggling to afford internet service.
The $14 billion Affordable Connectivity Program provides a discount of up to a $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for qualifying households on qualifying Tribal lands. The benefit also provides up to a $100 per household discount toward a one-time purchase of a computer, laptop, or tablet if the household contributes more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase through a participating broadband provider.
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard) Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income program.
Affordable Connectivity Program enrollment opened on December 31, 2021. Eligible households within Norvado’s service area can enroll directly through Norvado (www.norvado.com/acp) or by going to ACPBenefit.org to submit an online application or print a mail-in application. Additional information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit is available at www.fcc.gov/ACP, or by calling 877-384-2575 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET any day of the week.
Changes to Norvado Email Service
Effective March 1st, 2022, Norvado will no longer sell new email addresses to customers. However, we will continue to maintain and support existing email addresses. Going forward several changes will be made…
4 Things to Know When You’re Buying Internet
Buying Internet for your home can be difficult. There are a lot of factors, and let’s be honest, a lot of technical jargon. What exactly does megabits per second or download speed…
What are Capital Credits?
Capital credits represent each member’s ownership of the cooperative. They are the margins credited (or allocated) to the members of the cooperative based on their purchases from the cooperative during the previous…
Let the adventures begin.
Play where you live. Sounds like a plan to us. Put together the perfect package that works for you.