If you enjoy being outdoors and having variety in your workday, then this is your chance to join Norvado, the area’s premier provider of broadband service. We are looking for a full time, Field Engineer to work out of our Phillips Wisconsin office to plan and prepare Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) designs for the assigned territory. Experience with ESRI, ArcGIS, data collection is preferred. An understanding of Fiber Splicing, locating and retirement of existing facility is helpful. If you are a problem-solver, like to work independently, and have an appetite for learning, we are willing to train the right candidate. If you want to be a part of a stable organization then this position is for you.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
As a full time, Field Engineer you’ll be required to:
- Design and coordinate FTTH projects throughout the Norvado territory utilizing ArcGIS.
- Assess DOT plans to coordinate facility impact and possible relocation.
- Plans and prepares removal, repair, or rearrangement of existing cables.
- Acquires necessary permits and easements for crossings and right-of-ways.
- Coordinates mapping system integration with plant records and accounting systems.
- Coordinates repairs of cable as needed.
- Understand RUS, regulatory, industry, and technology developments to assist in company planning and submission of required reports.
- Manage territory or projects as assigned, to include contract resources if necessary.
- Work collaboratively with very competent and committed coworkers.
- Provide some after-hours management of construction crews and customer contacts.
what are we looking for
Here are some of the key qualities we are looking for in our Field Engineer.
- Certification/diploma in telecommunications or related field or equivalent GIS or CAD training and/or experience required.
- Three-years related work experience in an OSP capacity preferred, but not mandatory.
- Computer literacy including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and applications and data base management training or experience is required.
- Training or education in emerging technologies, (i.e.) FTTH, IP, DSL, etc.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts and perform basic math calculations.
You will be great at norvado if
- You love working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You are a fluent communicator with the ability to understand the points customers are making.
- If you have an appetite for learning something new every day.
WHO WE ARE
- Established as a cooperative in 1950, Norvado is a broadband company whose FTTH technologies provide northwestern Wisconsin communities with a full suite of technology services for residential and business customers.
- We value ongoing employee learning, service excellence, and building strong connections with the communities we serve.
- At Norvado, we are customer-driven and employee-centered. Our wage and benefit package is one of the best in the area and includes medical, dental, PTO, generous 401k employer match, profit sharing and more.
Where We Are
- Headquartered in Cable, Wisconsin and surrounded by pristine inland lakes and national forest, our service area stretches from the Apostle Islands along the south shore of Lake Superior to the community of Phillips, Wisconsin.
- The area features outstanding recreational opportunities, a reasonable cost of living and good schools. The communities are also rich in history, music, art, and small-town ambiance.
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex or physical condition, development disability as defined in Wis. Stat 51.05(5), sexual orientation as defined in Wis. Stat. 111.32(13m), or national origin. Norvado and its staff must comply with applicable federal, State, and local laws regarding discrimination and equal opportunity in employment, including but not limited to: (a) Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; (b) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, (c) federal laws described in Attachment A to this Agreement.