CUSTOMER NETWORK TECHNICIAN
Norvado, Northwestern Wisconsin’s premier provider of technology products and services, is looking for a Customer Network Technician to join our team in a customer-facing position that collaborates with employees across our organization to install and support our business customer networks, High-Speed internet services, and technology products that include HPBX, IPTV, Video Surveillance, Smart Home systems, VoIP, FTTH services, and Ethernet.
Here is what you can expect in the Customer Network Technician role.
- You get to help tailor data, video, and voice solutions to fit our customers’ needs and then follow up with them and see if we exceeded expectations.
- You will strive to demystify technology and make it work for your customers.
- You will get to work with some very competent and committed folks.
- You will take on tasks, large or small, and lead by example with a keen eye on quality and the customer experience.
to be a successful Customer Network Technician
- An associate degree in IT or telecommunications or the equivalent training or work experience is ideal.
- Industry certifications are helpful.
- You’ll get plenty on the job training but work experience or hands on training in the telecommunications or broadband field is helpful.
- A person who doesn’t just talk about technology but embraces it! We want enthusiasm and energy when you tell our customers about all the cool stuff Norvado has, does and will do to make their lives better!
- You will need a valid driver’s license…. this job does not happen behind a desk! You will work with customers in their businesses, making technology work for them in the real world.
Who We Are
- Established as a cooperative in 1950, Norvado is a broadband company whose FTTH technologies provide northwestern Wisconsin communities with a full suite of technology services for residential and business customers.
- We value ongoing employee learning, service excellence, and building strong connections with the communities we serve.
- We are customer-driven and employee-centered. We offer a wage and benefit package that is one of the best in the area and includes medical, dental, PTO, generous 401k employer match, profit sharing, educational/certification assistance, company vehicle, and cell phone.
Where We Are
- Headquartered in Cable, Wisconsin and surrounded by pristine inland lakes and national forest, our service area stretches from the Apostle Islands along the south shore of Lake Superior to the community of Phillips, Wisconsin.
- The area features outstanding recreational opportunities, a reasonable cost of living and good schools. The communities are also rich in history, music, art, and small-town ambiance.
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex or physical condition, development disability as defined in Wis. Stat 51.05(5), sexual orientation as defined in Wis. Stat. 111.32(13m), or national origin. Norvado and its staff must comply with applicable federal, State, and local laws regarding discrimination and equal opportunity in employment, including but not limited to: (a) Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; (b) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, (c) federal laws described in Attachment A to this Agreement.